Indy's Indies - Gong Xi Fa Cai

 *Some products in this post were discounted in exchange for review.
 Hi guys, bonus post today - this is the 3rd of Indy's Indies Chinese New Year polishes - Gong Xi Fa Cai.  If my research holds up, this is a common CNY greeting, which means "I wish that you will be prosperous" in mandarin.  (The Cantonese being "Gong Hey Fat Choy")  It is a mix of gold and red matte hexes, red matte circles and fine red holo glitter. 


 This is 1 coat over Sinful Colors - Black on Black.  The formula on this was really nice, I fished for 1 or 2 extra dots, but most of them came out of their own accord, and I only needed a minimal amount of dabbing to get the matte glitters dispersed pretty evenly.
This polish really looks the part, it reminds me of the paper lanterns used in Chinese New Year decorations, especially under a matte top coat.  I think Danielle has done a really fab job with this trio, and I'm really glad I got all of them.  I did try this over a few different base colours on swatch sticks, but I think it looks best over black so I stuck with it - even though I used a black base for Dragon Dance yesterday.  


 This polish, and the other 2 from this collection, are all available at Indy's Indies on Etsy here, in full size or mini bottles; separately, or as a trio for a little bit less.
You can also check out the Facebook page here.



0 comments: