Indy's Indies - Valentine's Collection - Part 1

  *Some products in this post were discounted in exchange for review.
Hi guys!  I recently received 4 of the polishes from Indy's Indies Valentine's Collection for review, and I have decided to break it up into 2 parts since I couldn't resist mattifying 3 out of the 4 swatches.  I will be posting the other 2 polishes on either Tuesday or Wednesday this week.



 So, the first one I have to show you is Broken Hearted, which is pink, black and red shards and squares in a clear base.  I've layered 1 coat over Sinful Colors - Snow me White.  I added 1 or 2 of the massive shards to a couple of nails, but due to most of the pieces being small, this polish was very easy to apply. I only used 1 thick coat of top coat for these swatches.  It's a good idea to check that the larger shards aren't sticking up before top coating - one of mine was, so I just used my finger to gently flatten it when the polish underneath was still tacky before glossing up.
I'm not really a fan of white nails, but I really like this combo.  The stark white background really shows all the angles of the shards, and makes for a very dramatic look.  Very fitting since the polish represents pieces of a broken heart.
I knew that I wanted to mattify this as soon as I saw the bottle, so here are the results.
The second polish I will be showing you today, is Forever Alone.  This is a mix of 2 shades of pink hearts, pink and white matte dots, pink and white shreds, small white hexes, and fine baby pink glitter.
I layered 1 coat over Rimmel Lycra Pro - Ultra Violet.  As you would expect, this polish was a little harder to apply than the first one, I did fish for a few extra hearts and dots, but no harder than any other shaped glitter polish.  A big plus is that there is a good distribution of them throughout the bottle, so fishing for them was an easy task.
I used 2 coats of Gelous under my Seche Vite to make sure this was smoothed out nicely.  This is especially important if you're planning to use a matte top coat later - mine is quite thin, and does not respond well to being painted over something lumpy (NYC Matte me Crazy if you're wondering.)
 Apologies for the top coat stuck around my cuticles, it's amazing how something can look fine to the naked eye, but take a Macro photo and suddenly you see all these problems that weren't there before!
Hopefully the pretty polish is enough to distract you from it :D
I actually found that I liked both these polishes more in the matte swatches, but they both look fab glossy too.  I think Danielle has created another winning collection here - the other 2 I have are both amazing, and I can't wait to show you them either.
 I should probably warn you, that there are still 2 more polishes from this collection that I want to buy, so don't be surprised if there's a Part 3 to this nearer the end of the week too.
This collection was released on Saturday, so you can find them in the Etsy store here right now, and as always, you can stalk Danielle and her lovely polishes on Facebook here.

Also, don't forget, my 100 followers giveaway is still running, with one of the prizes being 2 Indy's Indies polishes.  If you're in the UK, and you haven't already entered, what are you waiting for?



0 comments: