GOT Polish Challenge: BLUE and #31Nails2014 #18: Inspired by your favorite piece of clothing


Hello everyone!


Today I'm combining two challenges, so I'm using a blue vintage Dior nail polish (for the GOT Challenge) and was inspired by my blue silk top, which is my favourite piece of clothing (for Day 18 in the #31Nails2014 Challenge). Before publishing this blog post, I had hoped to make all the nail art for day 6- 17 and to have written about it here on the blog, but the submissions for the GOT challenge close today...






I'm probably using my favourite blue nail polish for the last time... :-( The bottle is nearly empty, so I really hope I'll find a dupe! Christian Dior #489 Cobalt is one of my oldest nail polishes. I've written about Dior Cobalt here, and about my tiny vintage nail polish collection here. If you know how old this bottle is, please let me know. My guess is that it's from 1993. So although I've showed this polish before, I had to take some last pictures of it on it's own too. And none of the photos show how beautiful this polish is.

2 coats, no top coat:  (IRL it looks shiny.)

With top coat:


Sadly there's not much daylight here this time of the year. I wish we had daylight in the afternoon. In the artificial light, the shine doesn't show. And the days I could take photos outside, it was snowing...







This is the first time I'm wearing Cobalt with nail art. I just used some Joby rhinestone stickers. I like them and they don't cover to much of the polish. And sealed with a generous coat of Seche Vite they stayed on.





Products used:

Christian Dior #489 Cobalt
Joby Nail Art: #351 Gemstone
and IsaDora #600 Clear as base coat and Seche Vite top coat.
and a false nail for my broken pinkie nail



Now I'm curious about how many are participating, and what they made for these challenges. If you want to, you can take a closer look at the blue nails and the other old blue nail polish bottles, by clicking on a thumbnail below.


Lani

0 comments: