Nail-Art-A-Go-Go - Day 8 - Still Life

Hi guys, welcome to the weekend, and Day 8 of the NAGG challenge.  Today's prompt is Still Life, and you may be able to tell already that I couldn't really think of anything that actually was Still Life that I wanted to do.  So, since I didn't want to sit this out completely, I decided to really stretch the prompt, and go for something that is quite commonplace in real life, although they're not exactly what you would think of as Still Life - Tattoos!  What can I say, I'm a rebel :p


This mani was created with a mixture of stamping and stamping decals.  Decals are something that I really want to practise at the moment - this is my second attempt so far, and I think I have a ways to go yet.  You can see how badly I messed up the middle finger near the cuticle, and there's a whole bunch of smudging issues going on too, however in real life, they looked pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.  I have since discovered that Seche Vite is a bad top coat for making decals, so am looking forward to trying again with a different one :)
The base for this is OPI - My Vampire is Buff.  I finally got this polish the other week, and I'm really glad I did.  It's such a lovely creamy colour.  The decals and stamping were done with Sinful - Black on Black, Revlon - Emerald, Rimmel Lycra Pro - Heart on Fire (red), Barry M - Silver Foil, and Sally Hansen CSM - Lavender Cloud (white) + Bandage (beige).
This whole mani was done with MoYou Biker plates, the thumb, middle and ring finger decals all came from Biker 05, the rib cage on the pointer is from Biker 10, and the barbed wire and skulls on the pinky were isolated from Biker 08.
I prefer this mani matte, but like usual, I have glossy pictures too so you can decide for yourself.
 Don't forget to check out the other awesome Still Life mani's in the thumbnails below :)




0 comments: