31DC13 Day 24: Inspired by a book

Yay, I have another challenge manicure to share with you guys today! This time the task was to do a book inspired manicure and it was quite easy to choose the book I wanted to be inspired. I have already done once Hunger Games inspired manicure, but I really love those books and they do give a great inspiration for manicures, so I decided to be, once again, inspired by Hunger Games.

I started this mani by painting all my nails with base coat and one coat of China Glaze Riveting. Then I painted one coat of Orly Iron Butterfly over all the nails but I didn't paint the tips of the nails with it. I left the line between Riveting and Iron Butterfly very uneven and also made it a bit different to all the nails, so they would look more lively. Then using a sponge I added first some Riveting over the tips and Iron Butterfly, then I also added some OPI GoldenEye and Zoya Maria Luisa. Then lastly I finished the manicure with a coat of top coat.

This was quite simple manicure, but I really liked how it turned out. I would also imagine that the inspiration behind this manicure is quite clear, at least if you have read the books, so at least I did better this time than two year ago with this challenge.

I also wanted to try out how this mani would look matte:

I think I liked it more shiny in real life, but in these pictures the manicure looks pretty good matte too!

Which one do you guys prefer, shiny or matte?

Here are the polishes I used: 

L'Oreal Grow Beautiful
Orly Iron Butterfly
China Glaze Riveting
OPI GoldenEye
Zoya Maria Luisa
Mereneid Top It All - Top Coat
 (BK Super Matte Surface Oil)

Like I said, my manicure for this challenge wasn't really too innovative two years ago:
You can check out the full post here.

*****

Haaste jatkuu taas kerran, vuorossa siis 24. päivä ja inspiraationa tällä kertaa kirja. Kertaalleen olen jo toteuttanut vähän samantyylisen Nälkäpelistä inspiraation saaneen lakkauksen, mutta kirjasarja on sen verran hyvä inspiraationlähde, että se oli oikeastaan aikalailla helppo valinta tähän tehtävään.

Mielestäni lakkaus onnistui todella mukavasti ja tykkäsin siitä kovin! Melko yksinkertainenhan se on, mutta ainakin inspiraatio siitä näkyy, varsinkin jos ko. kirjat ovat tuttuja. Kokeilin lopuksi myös lakkausta mattaisena, mutta jotenkin livenä se ehkä näytti paremmalta kiiltävänä kun taas näistä kuvista katsottuna myös mattainen versio näyttää varsin mukavalta.

Ainakin tämänkertainen lakkaus onnistui olemaan ehkä hieman kekseliäämpi kuin kaksi vuotta sitten tämän päivän haasteeseen tehty lakkaus...

0 comments: