Nail-Art-A-Go-Go - Day 2 - Jewel Tones

Hi guys, welcome to Day 2 of the NAGG challenge!  The prompt for today is one I was looking forward to right away - Jewel Tones.  I love a good Jewel Tone, and already had this mani planned out before I joined the challenge.  After all, what's better than an A-England?  That's right - 2 A-Englands!

 So, I paired Perceval with Avalon in a really simple gradient.  Normally, I would do some stamping or add some glitter over a gradient, but these 2 colours are so gorgeous that I didn't want to cover any of them up, and opted to leave them as is.  I'm pretty glad I did, I love these colours together so much!
I also adore the way these 2 mix in the middle, in this macro shot, you can see all the little bits of shimmer mixing with each other, it's fabulous!
Now, you guys know I am a matte whore, so I couldn't resist trying it, but I did wear it glossy for a day first - the lit-from-within look you get from these polishes is too beautiful no to.
 Please forgive the few glossy edges near the cuticles - they were really hard to spot in real life. (and the weird lump on the index finger, which I couldn't seem to fix)  Perceval actually seemed to retain it's glowy look even when matte, although I did find it near impossible to capture on camera.  I am definitely planning on doing another matte mani with it in the future though, and hopefully, I'll be able to show you what I'm talking about :)
I do think I prefer the glossy one out of the 2, but without comparing the 2, the matte is also fab, just in a very different way ;)
As always, I'd love to know what you guys think of this pairing?  Prefer the matte or the glossy?  Let me know via the comments below.
And don't forget to check out all the other beautiful jewel toned mani's that are being added to the thumbnails below throughout today.




0 comments: