31DC13 Day 22: Inspired by a song

Today I'm finally continuing the challenge! I really thought I would have had this one finished before the new year, so I have tittled all my post about the challenge to the year 2013... I think I'm going to continue with that anyhow. 

I'm showing you a song inspired mani today that wasn't actually inspired by a song in the first place... BUT while I was making it this one song kept playing in my head constantly and so I thought this would be still perfect mani for today's task. I actually made this mani for a nail art contest, which I unfortunately didn't win though. Lunalii won the contest with her gorgeous french mani and she got to make an awesome trip to New York!

Maybe I'll get to visit New York in the future too! At least now I have visited it in the form of nail art:
So quite obviously I took my inspiration for this mani from New York itself and the song that kept playing in my head... You probably already guessed it, but it is of course Alicia Keys' Empire State Of Mind (Part II):




And here's what I used for these nails:

index:
Misa Grey Matters (base color)
Essie Mind Your Mittens (dapped over)
white acrylic paint and Wet n Wild Fergie Miami Spirit (for the letters)

middle and ring:
gradient with Zoya Blu, Wet n Wild Fergie Miami Spirit and Zoya Neve
China Glaze Fairy Dust
black acrylic paint for the skyline buildings

pinky (and thumb):
Essie Mind Your Mittens (base color)
Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope
rhinestones and half pearls

and of course base and top coat for all the nails

I wasn't totally happy with this one, but I was in a bit hurry making it, so I didn't really have time to redo anything. But at least the connection to the song is quite obvious.

Two years ago I got inspired by on of my all time favourite band's song: Coldplay's Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall and made this colorful splatter mani:
You can check out the full post about this mani here

*****

Haaste jatkuu vihdoin ja viimein! Oletin kyllä vahvasti tätä aloittaessani syksymmällä, että saan haasteen kevyesti tehtyä vuoden loppuun mennessä, mutta eihän se nyt ihan mennytkään niin... Noh, aion joka tapauksessa tehdä tämän innolla loppuun! Tänään oli siis haasteena inspiroitua laulusta ja esittelenkin teille manikyyrin, jota tehdessä sain aivan toivottoman korvamadon.

Oikeastaan lähdin tekemään näitä kynsiä kynsikisaa varten, enkä varsinaisesti alunperin suunnitellut näitä tämän haasteen kynsiksi, mutta ajattelin, että nämä sopisivat tähän kuitenkin täydellisesti. Kynsiin on siis luonnollisesti haettu inspiraatio New Yorkista ja se toivoton korvamato oli tottakai Alicia Keysin Empire State Of Mind. Ihan täysin tyytyväinen en kyllä näihin kynsiin ollut ja eipä näillä harmittavasti voittokaan irronnut. Toivottavasti pääsen kuitenkin vierailemaan New Yorkissa joskus tulevaisuudessa kuitenkin!

Kaksi vuotta sitten inspiroiduin yhden suosikkibändini laulusta, Coldplay Every Teardrop Is a Waterfallista ja toteutin laulun videota mukaillen värikkään roiskemanikyyrin (kurkkaa postaus täältä).

0 comments: