Sunday Spotlight: Sinful Colors - Verbena & Nail Junkie

 Hi guys, sorry it's a little late, but I'm back today with another edition of Sunday Spotlight.  Today's brand is one I have only tried very recently, Sinful Colors.  They are available from Boots at a mere £1.99 for 15ml.  I bought mine in-store, but they are also available online here, with a much better selection than my local Boots.  All they have is a cardboard stand at the end of the others, and that was half gone......it was Boxing Day though :)
* This will be a picture heavy post - yaaaaaaay!



So, I will start with my favourite from the 5 that I purchased, just because it's gorgeous, and I can't wait!  This is Nail Junkie, which is a teal jelly, full of teal, blue, and copper, micro and hex glitter.  This is 3 coats with top coat, no undies.  The formula on this was a little challenging.  The first coat was a bit of a train-wreck, but by the 3rd coat, all was well.  I found it easier to apply evenly by spreading it across the cuticle area first, and gently dragging the polish down, a little at a time.  Hope that makes sense to you guys :)


I have recently fallen in love with teal polishes, and this is just beautiful.  Tricky application aside, I adore this, and am willing to work around the formula considering what you get for your money.  I had to stamp over this, so I stamped a lighting bolt from MoYou Back to the 80's 03, and Barry M Gold Foil, which looked like this.
And, I couldn't resist mattifying this bad boy either:

I honestly can't say which I like better, I think this just looks awesome either way.  How about you guys?

The other one I have swatched is Verbena, which is a dark lilac cream.  Most of my lilacs are quite light, and I have been wanting a darker one for ages now.  I did want OPI - Planks a Lot, and whilst I don't think this is a dead-on dupe, as the OPI is a lot cooler-toned, this will certainly do for me!
The pictures for this are not too good, and I apologise.  My camera totally freaked out when I tried to take these, and would not focus for crap!  These photos are a little bit lighter than it looks IRL too, but I'm hoping the daylight bulb I'm waiting for will help with the colour accuracy of my swatches :)
I am also happy to report that these do not smell worse than most other polishes, as that can sometimes be an issue this far down the price range :)
I'd love to know if you guys have any Sinful Color's in your stash, and if so, what do you think of them?

0 comments: