Christmas French with China Glaze Ruby Pumps

I know I said yesterday that it was going to be my last post before Christmas, but I decided I needed to post this mani too before the Holidays are all over as this is quite a Christmassy mani. 

China Glaze Ruby Pumps is really an ultimate Christmas nail polish and I have tried to use it in some way around every Christmas as it's quite difficult to wear it outside the holidays. So of course for this year I needed to create something with this polish too and this time I decided to do a Christmassy french manicure.

I started this mani with two coats of Essence Cotton Candy. Then I did the tips with two coats of China Glaze Ruby Pumps. After that I dabbed some Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope and Lumene Diamonds in the Night on the other side of my nails. Then finally I added those metallic snow flakes to each nail using top coat.

 
I have gotten these snow flakes (pattern 105#) for review from Born Pretty Store. They are quite big, but not too big if you ask me. Also I love the fact that they are very flat so you can easily bend them a bit to fit the curve on your nail. Also they stay quite flat on nail. The only thing I didn't like so much was the fact that at least in this design there are those thin and pointy ends in the snowflake which tend to stick out. I tried quite hard to seal them with top coat and carefully push them towards the nail, but still they tended to stick out and get stuck on clothes and hair and stuff like that. So if I'd had to choose again, I'd choose a design where the edges are more rounded as these metal decorations are still a really nice idea and I'd like to try out some other designs.


 
Overall I really liked this mani and it would have been a perfect one to have on during the holidays. Unfortunately I had to remove it after wearing for a day as those snow flakes got stuck on everywhere and so I ended up doing a blue toned Christmas manicure (which I'll hopefully show you some other time).

Don't forget that you can get 10% off with my code MBL91 and BPS offers free worldwide shipping! I don't gain anything if you use my code, but BPS has promised that they will sponsor a giveaway here in my blog if ten people use the code.



Now, this time for real, I want to wish you all Merry Christmas and I'll be back in few days.

*****

Päätin vielä pikaisesti julkaista yhdet joulukynnet, jottei näitä kaikkia tarvitsisi työntää ulos sitten vasta joulun jälkeen. China Glazen Ruby Pumps on ainakin minulle ehdoton joululakka, jolla täytyy päästä lakkaamaan joka joulu. Tällä kertaa päätin tehdä ranskalaisen manikyyrin Ruby Pumpsilla. Lisäsin lakkaukseen joulun tuntua myös töpöttelemällä kahta eri glitteriä, Wet n Wildin Kaleidoscopea ja Lumenen Diamonds in the Nightia ja kruunaamalla lakkauksen BPS:n metallisilla lumihiutaleilla. Vähähän sitä olisi toivonut, että lumihiutaleita olisi näkynyt tänä jouluna jossain muuallakin kuin kynsillä, varsinkin täällä eteläisessä Suomessa, jonne suuntasin joulunviettoon, ei tosiaan lumesta ole tietoakaan...

Kynnet oli kyllä todella mieleiset, harmittavasti jouduin vain poistamaan ne heti seuraavana päivänä, kun noiden lumihiutaleiden sakarat ei millään tykänneet pysyä kynttä vasten vaan lähtivät koko ajan törröttämään tarttuen ihan kaikkeen. Eli ensi kerralla aion kyllä valita sellaisen mallin näistä metallisista koristeista, joissa ei ole pitkiä ja ohuita ulkonevia ulokkeita reunimmaisena.

Hyvää joulua jo toistamiseen kaikille ja palaillaan muutaman päivän päästä.

0 comments: