31DC13 Day 21: Inspired by a Color

Hi guys! I'm sorry I have been quiet for a while. My vacation went really great, but of course I managed to get sick right after it... And I've been really busy with everything, but now I'm well again and in full strength to do some serious posting. I have quite many posts that I want to get done before Christmas, so stay tuned! I'll also have something quite nice in store for you guys too...

I was hoping to get the challenge finished by Christmas but because of my vacation and me being sick and all that, that doesn't really seem possible now. Well, that alright, I just have to continue this one after Christmas. But I do have at least today's task done! So it's time for the inspiration part of the challenge and today was about being inspired by a color. Because the Christmas is so near, I wanted to do something christmassy, so I decided to be inspired by red.

I got the idea for these nails from this OPI Holiday mani tutorial and from Sonnela as she had done really gorgeous nails using the same tutorial. I started the mani with two coats of China Glaze Elfin' Around. Then I painted parts of my ring and index finger as the OPI tutorial suggested, though I used OPI The Show Must Go On and then placed the glitters from OPI I Snow You Love Me.

I really loved how this mani turned out, it looks really classy and also very appropriate for the holidays.

Misa BACKbone
China Glaze Elfin' Around 2 coats
OPI The Show Must Go On (half ring and index)
OPI I Snow You Love Me (the glitters)
Glisten&Glow HK Girl Top Coat


Two years ago I was inspired by purple, so back then I showed you two gorgeous purple holographic polishes:
You can check out the full post here.

*****

Haaste jatkuu taas pienen tauon jälkeen ja vuorossa on inspiroitumisosuus haasteesta, tänään siis päivä 21 ja haasteena inspiroitua väristä. Päätin tällä kertaa inspiroitua punaisesta, sillä jouluhan on jo ihan nurkan takana ja en ole vielä kerinnyt tekemään yksikään varsinaisia joulukynsiä. Innoittajana tälle lakkaukselle toimi myös OPIn tutoriaali ja Sonnen samaa tutoriaalia toteuttaneet kynnet. Lakkoina kynsissä käytin China Glazen Elfin' Aroundia, OPIn The Show Must Go Onia ja OPIn I Snow You Love Me:ta. 

Näistä tuli todella mieleiset kynnet, tyylikkäät ja sopivan säihkyvän jouluiset. Nämä oli myös varsin helppo ja yksinkertainen toteuttaa, mutta tulos oli silti kivannäköinen ja sain näistä kynsistä myös kehuja! Viime kerralla haastetta tehdessäni inspiroidun violetista ja esittelin teille kaksi upeaa hololakkaa. Kahden vuoden takaisen haastepostauksen voi kurkata tästä linkistä.

0 comments: