Festive Abstract Foil Mani

 Hi guys, today I have a mani that I have been planning to do for ages now.  You may remember my Abstract Foil Mani from Day 14 of the Crumpet's Nail Tarts 33 Day Challenge.  It's one of my most popular mani's to date, as well as being a personal favourite of mine.  Well, this is a festive version of that mani!



I actually started with a gold base for this mani.  I know it sounds kind of weird, but I was only going to use blue and silver foils for this, so I figured, use a gold base in case it shows through anywhere, just to add a little bit more interest to the overall colour scheme.
I used a plain metallic silver, holographic silver and light blue foils for this.  The snowflakes are actually stickers I've had laying around for ages, and the white outline was free-handed with my Konad White.  I really need to get a plain white polish for nail art, I had super-bad tip wear on these within a couple of days.  Hopefully I can find the Sinful Colors white in Boots after Christmas :)
Can you see where I scraped away a little bit of the white border on my ring finger?  I was quite annoyed about that, but at 2am, I was not about to try and fix it!  I can live with a little imperfection anyway.  Whilst I do like this mani a lot, I still prefer the original version, the colour scheme is a lot more me.  To be honest, I would probably love this a lot more had I never done the original version.  It had all my favourite colours and textures, so I'll be hard pushed to top that one now.
Anyway, I'd love to know what you guys think of this festive foil mani?
Don't forget I'll be back tomorrow with another Sunday Spotlight post, this week will be a couple more La Femme bargains, I do own a lot more of this brand than most of the others (barring Barry M, of course!)

0 comments: