A-England - Briar Rose

 Hi guys, just want to start by saying that I'm really sorry. I promised you 1 more Christmas mani yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to take a photo of it before going out for a meal with my family.  After the meal, I headed over to the shops since I was already in town, and had a pretty epic shopping trip with my xmas vouchers.  Unfortunately, one of the things I bought was a Barry M Nail Art pen, and in the taxi home, I was doodling (very badly I might add) all over my mani with it before I realised I hadn't taken pictures......duh!  On the upside, I am liking the pen.............



So, here's something I did get a picture of instead :)  This is A-England - Briar Rose/Sleeping Beauty.  This is a difficult colour to describe, it's almost half-way between dark pink and red, with slightly purple undertones in some lighting, and scattered holo.  The holo in this is a bit more prominent than some other A-Englands, but still subtle enough to capture the classy, understated elegance of A-England.  For me, it's shades like this that really set this brand apart from the others, Adina is a wizard at coming out with very unique colours and getting just the right amount of holo for each shade.
The formula on this was wonderful to work with, this is 2 easy coats with top coat.  As is usually the case for me with A-England's, hardly any clean up was needed, and I am really impressed with how tidy this macro looks around the edges.  I'm still working on perfect clean up, but this is very encouraging!
I actually ended up with this shade by accident, I originally ordered Rose Bower, but this arrived instead.  At the time, I thought I had just got the 2 shade names mixed up in my head, as I always seem to do, so I thought nothing of it, and swatched this one.  When I was next nosing around the site, I checked my orders, and realised my mistake.  I contacted Adina, to let her know what happened, and said I didn't expect a replacement as I had already swatched it.  I didn't really mind to be honest, I just saw it as a reason to buy both polishes :p  But, as Adina is an absolute sweetheart, 2 days later, Rose Bower popped through my letterbox free of charge!  I think this was really sweet of her, and shows a great deal of appreciation for her customers, after all, it was partially my fault for not realising I had the wrong one in the first place!
I'm not sure which one I like best yet to be honest, they are both so stunning!  I will be swatching Rose Bower for you soon, I actually wore it before Christmas, but couldn't get a colour accurate photo of it.  I am going to get a daylight bulb very soon, so hopefully that will help, as there a few shades in my stash that send my camera wacky whenever I try to photograph them.
What do you guys think, are you a fan of A-Englands scattered holo's?  How about this shade in particular?

0 comments: