#33DC - Day 28 - Lines

Hi guys, sorry today's post is a little bit late, but I'm back with Day 28 of the #33DC and the prompt for today is lines.  This is another mani I have had planned out in my head for ages, but when it came time to actually sit down and do it, I had a different idea that I liked more. 



For the thumb, pointer and pinky nails, I applied 2 coats of Nails Inc - New York Noir, then 1 thick coat of Pocket Money Polishes - I Want Candy, concentrating mostly on just 1 side of the nail.  Once that had some drying time, I used some black acrylic paint to create straight edges on either side of the glitter and top coated.
For the middle and ring finger, I painted a white base, and picked out polishes from my stash to match the colours in the glitter.  These were: BYS - Pink Panic, Barry M - Yellow Green, Rimmel I ♥ Lasting Finish - Sunshine, Rimmel I ♥ Lasting Finish - Double Decker Red, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Brisk Blue.  Using a striping brush, I filled in the whole nail with random stripes in these colours, top coated, and waited for them to dry.  When they were dry, I applied striping tape in random places across the nail, and painted 1 thick coat of New York Noir over the top.  I kind of messed up on the ring finger and forgot what order I put the tape down in, but never mind : )
I loved this mani, and I'm really glad I decided to change my mind at the last minute as I like this more than my original idea.  It did bug me a bit that I forgot to go in and wrap my tips with black after pulling the tape up though. 


0 comments: