#33DC - Day 27 - a mani with 3 patterns

Hi guys, I'm back today with Day 27 of the #33DC, and the prompt for today is a mani with 3 patterns.  I think this was a hard prompt to be honest.  You want some continuity between each nail, but you don't want it to look too busy at the same time.  I actually did this mani in totally different colours at first, but I wasn't very keen on it, so I decided to try again last night with a simpler colour scheme.   I'm glad I did, as I much prefer this version, but I do have photos of both in this post : )



So, my 3 patterns are stripes, hearts and leopard print. The stripes and leopard were both freehanded with silver acrylic paint, and the hearts are loose silver glitter shapes that I lovingly picked out of a glitter mix I bought on ebay.  The black, as you can see, is Nails Inc - New York Noir that is free in Decembers Glamour magazine. 
I really liked this mani, especially the thumb, index and ring fingers.  It's a shame I've just had to take it off to do some swatches for tomorrow : )

And here is the original version that I did.

This mani was painted with Laval - Ultra Violet, Revlon - Cupid and very yellow-toned gold acrylic paint that I mixed with silver to make it more champagne toned.  The little pink purple holographic stars are from a random bundle of glitter shapes I bought from ebay a long time ago.
I did kind of like this mani, but I think it was just a bit too busy.  It's like the colours and patterns are all screaming to get your attention first.  On the plus side, I think this demonstrates just how much colour choices can change the overall look of a mani!

Anyway, I'd love to know which version you guys prefer.  As always, don't forget to check out the other gorgeous mani's that have been created for this prompt down at the bottom.


0 comments: