#33DC - Day 25 - a new technique for you

 Hi guys, I'm back today with Day 25 of the #33DC and the prompt for today is a new technique for you.  I decided to be brave, and attempted a water marble design.  You can read about how well it went (or not) after the jump!


Water marbling was one of the first nail art techniques I ever tried.  About a year ago, when I first got into nail art, I learnt most things from YouTube, and kept seeing all these amazing marbled designs.  It didn't seem too complicated, so I had a go at doing a few false nails to begin with.  They were a hideous fail!  I owned about 40 odd polishes, some of them really old, and no thinner at the time, so all I managed to do was make a lot of mess and waste a lot of polish!
Then I started learning other kinds of nail art, and pretty much abandoned the idea of water marbling all together.  Anyway, I figured I might as well give it another go for this prompt.  I used the New York Noir Nails Inc Polish and Rimmell Lycra Pro - Heart on Fire.  The nails inc black didn't spread that well in the water, and my index and middle finger looked like a black mushy mess to begin with : D   I wasn't ready to give up on it yet though, so I carried on with the other fingers.  Then I did another marble with red and clear polish, and just layered that over the black mess.  I love the index finger soo much, so I'm glad I persevered!
I did however, make a grievous error when I thought that a little bit of PVA glue around my cuticles would help with clean up, rather than taping my fingers up like I planned to.  It took forever to clean my mess up, and you can still see some mess here and there.
The ring finger is Heart On Fire, stamped with PUEEN27 and Konad Black.
By the time I was finished, I said never again, not happening, no way.  However for some inexplicable reason, I am itching to try again.  So much that I may try again tonight, making sure I tape my fingers up of course!

0 comments: