31DC13 Day 20: Water Marble

I'm finally at the day 20 for the challenge and I get to post my water marble. I actually did this water marbling for the I Love Me -event over a month ago, but I was saving the mani for this challenge as I figured I probably wouldn't have time to do another proper water marbling mani for this challenge.

I used four different Essie polishes for this look: Blanc* as my base color and I did the actual marbling with Maximillian Strasse Her*, Naughty Nautical, Mind Your Mittens* and Blanc. I have the habbit of adding some sparkle to pretty much all my water marbling manicures and so I added some China Glaze Fairy Dust on top of the mani.

I really liked how this water marbling turned out. There are some smudges and some imperfections there, but I didn't mind those too much. I also got some compliments about this mani at the event, which is of course always nice!


Essie polishes work quite well for water marbling, but they dry out quite quickly so you can't really take too much time making the pattern. I think there are some other brands and polishes that I have tried that have worked even better for this, but at least these Essie polishes were managable.

I think these colors went really well together and eventhough I used polishes from spring and summer collection (one from winter too), I thought this was quite appropriate look for a fall manicure.

Here's a picture of all the polishes I used:

L'Oreal Grow Beautiful Base Coat
Essie Blanc
Essie Maximillian Strasse Her
Essie Naughty Nautical
Essie Mind Your Mittens
China Glaze Fairy Dust
Glisten&Glow HK Girl Top Coat

Here's the water marbling I did two years ago for this challenge:
I really really liked this one too! I just love the combinaton of gold and turquoise. You can check out the full post here.

*Essie Blanc, Maximillian Strasse Her, Naughty Nautical and Mind Your Mittens were originally sent for me to review, for more information see my disclosure policy.

*****

Haaste jatkuu ja vuorossa päivä 20 ja vesimarmorointi. Pääsin vihdoin julkaisemaan I Love Me -messuja varten tekemäni kynnet, joita olen säästellyt tätä haastetta varten kun ajattelin etten kuitenkaan kerkiä tekemään uusia kunnollisia vesimarmorointeja tähän haasteeseen. Näistä tuli omasta mielestäni todella kivat, vaikka onnistuinkin saamaan pieniä sotkuja pariin kynteen. Värit sointuivat kivasti yhteen ja kynnet olivat jotenkin mukavan syksyiset vaikka ne olivat samalla myös kimaltelevat ja värikkäät.

Kahden vuoden takainen vesimarmorointi onnistui myös kivasti ja siinä tykkäsin erityisesti myös tuosta väriyhdistelmästä. Turkoosin ja kullan yhdistelmä on mielestäni jotenkin hirmu nätti!


*Essie Blanc, Maximillian Strasse Her, Naughty Nautical and Mind Your Mittens on saatu alunperin arvioitaviksi.

0 comments: