Our Manicures for the Get-Together

I of course also want to share my mani for the get-together with you guys, but I also thought it would be once again fun to share manis from other participants too. I'll start with my own mani first, but be sure to check out the end of this post too to see all those awesome manis that other participants had made.

As I told you before we had a Christmas theme for the get-together. I immediately knew that I wanted to do something wintery and snowy as I'm kinda hoping it would snow already! I also really wanted to use Zoya Dream as it looked so gorgeous in the bottle and I thought it would be a perfect polish for winter themed mani. I had some water marbling ideas but they didn't turn out so great, so I then decided just to go with some water decals.

I started this mani with two coats of the gorgeous Zoya Dream, then I applied the white water decals that I have bought myself from Born Pretty Store. I thought these close enough for being some kind of ice crystals. I also added some KBShimmer I Only Have Ice For You on top of the decals to make then sparkle like ice and then finished the mani with some swarovski crystals.

I have gotten Zoya Dream for review, but you can't really see too much of it here, can you... I'm going to post some proper swatches of it and some other Zoya holiday polishes soon, so stay tuned!
 
I was a bit bummed to cover that gorgeous polish so much with the decals, but I did like the overall result! Actually, I got the second place in our little nail art competition at the get-together with these nails, so not bad, right?!


L'Oreal Grow Beautiful Base Coat
 Zoya Dream 2 coats
water decals
KBShimmer I Only Have Ice For You (on top of the decals)
swarovski crystals
Glisten&Glow HK Girl Top Coat


And like I promised, here are that the other's had done for the event. I have also included the links for their blogs (if they have one), so if you click the name you'll get there. If the girls have already posted about their nails in their own blog I have also included that link, just click the word nails. I think everyone had done great job making their mani suit to the theme!

   Misify (nails)                     Katjamaria                  EliZaaa (nails)


           sinii                               Miia (nails)                      Milba (nails)


 Eve                               Tiina (nails)                         Niniane


              Saru                                  Silja                     DJ Gemma (nails)



*I have gotten Zoya Dream and the swarovski crystals originally for review. For more information see my disclosure policy.


*****

Tänään esittelyvuorossa ovat siis sekä omat miittikynteni että myös muiden miittiläisten kynnet. Meillä oli siis miitissä pikkujouluteema ja teemaan liittyen kaikki myös toteuttivat kynnet miittiä varten. Järjestimme miitissä pienen "kynsikuvausstudion", jossa kaikkien kynnet kuvattiin ja näistä sitten äänestimme parhaiten teemaa toteuttaneet kynnet. Kuten jo aiemmin kerroinkin, voitto meni siis EliZaaalle.

Itselleni oli alusta lähtien selvää, että haluan tehdä jotkin talviset kynnet kun alkaa tuo vesisade jo pikkuhiljaa riittämään... Halusin myös käyttää kynsissä juuri ennen miittiä saamaani Zoyan Dreamia (kunnolliset swatchit Dreamista ja parista muusta Zoyan uusimmasta lakasta tulossa myöhemmin!). Lakkasin siis kynsiin kaksi kerrosta tuota upeaa sinistä lakkaa, lykkäsin päälle Born Pretty Storesta ostamani water decalsit, joiden päälle töpötin hieman KBShimmerin I Only Have Ice For You -lakkaa ja viimeistelin lookin kristalleilla. Haeskelin tässä siis jotakin kuurankukkamaista ilmettä ja mielestäni se onnistuikin varsin kivasti, vaikka ei nuo decalit ehkä sitä alunperin esittäneetkään. Tulin muuten äänestyksessä näillä kynsillä toiseksi, joten ehkä näistä välittyi se idea sitten muillekin.

Lisäsin tuohon postauksen loppuun myös kaikkien niiden miittiläisten kynsikuvat, jotka kävivät kyntensä kuvauttamassa sekä linkit heidän blogeihinsa + postauksiin kynsistä, jos he sellaisen ovat kerinneet tekemään. Täytyy sanoa, että kaikilla oli kyllä todellakin teemaan sopivat kynnet. Tästä voisi ehkä myös päätellä, että joulun (tai ainakin pikkujoulun) väri on mitä ilmeisimmin sininen tai punainen...


*Zoyan Dream ja kristallit on alunperin saatu arvioitaviksi.

0 comments: