31DC13 Day 19: Galaxies

The challenge continues and it's day 19, so I have some galaxy nails for you guys! I have been wanting do to the galaxies design again for quite a while, but somehow it always feels so hard to start these. However, when you get going these are really simple to do and they don't really take too much time either.

I had my mind set on purple galaxies and well, that's pretty much the idea I went with. I didn't plan these at all or try in advance how the colors would work together, I just went with whatever felt good. So considering that I think these turned out quite nice though maybe if I had planned these a bit more I could have made them even better. But at least I managed to finally do these again!

I used quite many polishes for this mani, you could, however, easily do this with just few polishes. Here's the full list of what I used:

L'Oreal Grow Beautiful Base Coat
a-england Elaine (it's my base color for the design)
American Apparel L'Esprit
Essie Full Steam Ahead*
KBShimmer Myth You Lots
OPI Grape... Set... Match
Zoya Payton*
Essie Blanc* (for the stars)
Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope
Glisten&Glow HK Girl Top Coat


 Two years ago I did the similar mani with some different shades:
You can check out more pictures and info about this mani from this post


*I have gotten Zoya Payton, Essie Full Steam Ahead and Blanc originally for review. For more information see my disclosure policy.

***** 

Haaste jatkuu, vuorossa päivä 19 ja galaksikynnet. Näitä oli hauska päästä taas pitkästä aikaa kokeilemaan, vaikka aloittaminen tuntuikin jotenkin hirmuisen hankalalta. En suunnitellut kynsiä sen kummemmin, halusin lähinnä vain tehdä tällä kertaa violetin sävyiset galaksikynnet ja lätkinkin kynsille melkoisen määrän violetteja lakkoja. Suunnittelemalla etukäteen paremmin näistä olisi voinut saada vielä hienommat, mutta olin kuitenkin ihan tyytyväinen lopputulokseen ja kyllä nämä varmaan ainakin etäisesti jotakin galaksien tapaista muistuttivat.

0 comments: