My first jelly sandwich : )

Hi everyone, it's Saturday! : D  Have you got any awesome plans for this weekend?  I'll be working, but I don't mind as I'll have 3 days off starting Monday.  Today I have my first jelly sandwich.  I know, I know, I must live under a rock!  I've had a few jelly polishes for ages, just never got round to using them until now.  I honestly don't know why either.


This isn't technically a jelly sandwich, as I'm quite impatient when it comes to multiple coats, so I used 1 coat of A-England - Avalon as a base for the glitter, then layered Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Purple Pizzazz over the top.  No prizes for guessing where I got that little gem from.  Yup, another 99p bargain from Fragrance Direct.  They don't have this particular shade in stock anymore, but they still have others from this line that are worth checking out.
The glitter I used is La Femme - Mixed Glitter which can be found here for a very reasonable £1.35 with free postage.  I used 2 coats for this mani.  It's surprisingly glitter dense for a cheap polish, and I found the formula pretty easy to work with. I can see myself using this a lot, and I love the inclusion of lilac in a rainbow colour scheme.  If you don't already own a rainbow glitter, or maybe even if you do, I would strongly urge you to consider adding this to your stash.  For less than £2 it doesn't get better than this!  (in my humble opinion anyway)  Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys think.  Does anyone else cheat on a jelly sandwich by using an opaque base or is it just me?



0 comments: