Essence Let's Get Lost with Gold Foil, Studs and Striping Tape

I have a gold and turquoise manicure to show you guys today! Actually, I have two different manis, but let's get to that a bit later... I got another great nail art product from Born Pretty Store, 12 pieces set of gold and silver foils and I used the gold foil for this mani with some round studs (that are also from BPS and I've already revied the stud set here) and some gold striping tape that I bought from another nail decorator. And of course I also needed to use some nail polish, so I chose Essence Let's Get Lost as my base color.

So first I used two coats of Essence Let's Get Lost and I let that dry completely. Then I cut some triangles from the gold foil and placed them on each nail with top coat. After that I did the outlines of the triangles with the gold striping tape and then I placed some nail studs to complete the design. 
 
It was actually quite easy to work with the gold foil, though it is really thin and light weighted so it breaks and also floats away quite easily (like if you breath too heavily...), so it took a bit of patience, but nothing too major. I used a fan brush to smooth it over the nails and it did the job perfectly without breaking the foil. I thought it might be difficult to cut pieces from the foil, but that was really easy to do.

The BPS foil set has 12 pieces, six gold ones and six silver ones and they come in these little cans that I'm holding here. I did these nails and my other hand (with that another design) and it I managed to only use tiny bit of one foil sheet. So I have really plenty left to do many more designs with these.

It took a bit of work to do that design to my left hand, so I decided not to do it to my other hand. I also wanted to try the gold leaf top coat look with these foils and I thought that was easy enough to do to my other hand.
So I tore some tiny pieces from the gold foil with the help of tweezer and then I just placed the pieces over a wet coat of top coat and then finished the look with another coat of top coat. I think these two designs went quite well together and they still had same elements in them, so it wasn't too weird of having two different manicures.

So, did you guys like these two looks that I did with the gold foil?

Don't forget to use my code MBL91 to get 10% off from everything at Born Pretty Store!

*The gold foil and the nail studs were sent for me to review, for more information see my disclosure policy.

0 comments: