Spring manicure

Today I have you a spring manicure gone wrong. I had this beautiful idea in my head about these pink/yellow nails with some colorful butterflies, but my execution wasn't good and the outcome wasn't exactly how I thought it would be. Oh well, it can't always go as you think, right? First I thought I wouldn't even photograph these or post this manicure, but then I thought that every mani don't have to perfect and maybe someone could even learn from my mistakes. I sure did. So, here we go:

I have only this one pic to show you and even it is not fully focused, I guess I wasn't really inspired to take good pictures of this mani. And yes, I know that those fime slices are way too thick and that's the main reason this mani wasn't really working the way I thought it would. Also I tried to fit too many butterflies on one nail, or at least I think that's the one reason too why this isn't really working. But this was good learning experiment, now I know that I really should try to cut those fimos very very thin, if I want to achieve anything I have pictured in my head. Also one thing to remember (which probably should have been already clear to my but I'm sometimes impatient) is that you should really wait for the polishes to dry before trying to place any fimos on your nails. And the polish should really be dry, not just semi-dry or something like that. And last but not least, maybe it would be could idea to rehearse the arregement of those fimos before placing them with top coat, the manicure is ruined if you try to move them after that. But as I said you can't always get it right.. 

Oh, I almost forgot, if someone is interested I used Essence Love This City (I Love Berlin LE) and Rimmel Lemon Drop for this mani. Here's a pic of Love This City by herself:


This was really pretty coral pink, I have just one coat here, so it was quite opaque too, though if I was going to wear this alone, I would use two coats. The quality was good also, nothing  to complain here. It's not terribly unique polish, there are many similar colors, I'm sure, but it's special as I got it from this lovely swap and also as it's a part of I Love Berlin collection. So it has a special place in my heart for sure, lol.

0 comments: