Night Sky

I fell asleep the other night looking up at the night sky and an idea for a mani hit me full force. What if I tried something somewhat like a galaxy nail but based around a night sky instead?

night sky constellations nails nailart nail art mani manicure galaxy stars


This is what I managed to come up with. It's not exactly what I had in mind. Honestly, I'm not really pleased with the end product. I'm by no means an astrologist or even a constellation enthusiast. I know the very basic constellations and nothing more, but I do love to gaze up at the night sky and admire the stars. With near to no knowledge of constellations, I wish I had taken the extra few minutes and mapped out the constellations I used a bit better. I think the only recognizable one is Cassiopeia on my middle finger.


That said, the actual night sky turned out surprisingly well. I used China Glaze First Mate, China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-Le, and an unnamed black polish much as I would with a galaxy nail. Then I added a coat of a thin glitter and the constellations themselves. I might have to try these nails again just to see how they would look with a few tiny dots of white scattered around for stars instead of trying to form constellations with larger stars. I think they would look much better this way.

0 comments: