Neon Splatter

If there's one thing I love it's neon nail polish. I really don't think there's much better ... except maybe neon splatter nails!!!

splatter neon nails nailart nail art mani manicure orange yellow purple pink Funky Fingers China Glaze Color Club Spellbound

Splatter nails create such a unique look for your nails. You'll never get the same design twice even if you use the same polishes. And, all told, they're really not that hard to do. All you need is polish, a piece of paper, some tape (for easier cleanup), and a straw. Tape around your nails, drop some polish onto a piece of paper, dip your straw into the polish and blow in one hard puff over your nail. Be sure to keep the piece of paper under your hand so you don't ruin your workstation. This may not always get a splatter but just keep trying until your straw picks up enough polish.

splatter neon nails nailart nail art mani manicure orange yellow purple pink Funky Fingers China Glaze Color Club Spellbound

My problem with splatter nails? I don't know when to quit! I just keep adding more and more splatters until my base polish is practically covered and the splatters are everywhere. I think I managed to reign myself in more than usual with this splatter, but there's still a lot of them.

splatter neon nails nailart nail art mani manicure orange yellow purple pink Funky Fingers China Glaze Color Club Spellbound


My right hand is less covered with splatter, but I did have a major drip on my middle finger and couldn't manage to get very many on my ring finger. Also, I somehow managed to smudge the polish on my index nail. I have no idea how. One moment it was fine and then next it was bunched. There was simply no fixing it.


splatter neon nails nailart nail art mani manicure orange yellow purple pink Funky Fingers China Glaze Color Club Spellbound

And here you can see the thumb of my right hand. It has a good splatter pattern and managed to get a good splatter of each color.

splatter neon nails nailart nail art mani manicure orange yellow purple pink Funky Fingers China Glaze Color Club Spellbound


Overall, I think this turned out really great. I definitely want to do more neon splatter nails. I'm thinking Sun Worshiper would make an amazing base color.

Polishes Used
Color Club - Yell-Oh!
Color Club - Mrs. Robinson
Funky Fingers - Kingston
China Glaze - Sun Worshiper

0 comments: