Fish Themed Manicure with BPS Round Glitters

I have another Born Pretty Store product review for you guys today, this time I chose to try out these round glitters. When I got the glitters, I immediately had an idea of somekind of fish themed mani. Here's what I came up with:

So my idea came of course from these round glitters and I placed them using a top coat to fix them to my ring finger nail and in a way so that they overlap each other, so the design would look like fish scales. At least my boyfriend recognized immediately what I was trying to do with this, so I guess it worked. I used top coat to seal the design too, but I should have probably been a bit more careful with it as it caused quite a few of bubbles, but somehow with this ring finger design, it didn't matter too much, but of course I would have prefered it not to bubble.

I started this mani using I Love Nail Polish Blue Steel as my base color. Then I did the ring finger design and topped my index and pinky nails with Emily de Molly Oceanic Forces (two coats over Blue Steel). For my middle and thumb finger nails I used some fish water decals, that I got from the goodie bag from our meeting (their from Adenina).
 
I've never done any fish themed manicure before and I'm not really sure if this is my type of thing at all. I think I might like some flower designs or abstract manis better, but it's always fun to try out something totally different. Also, I just had to include Emily de Molly Oceanic Forces to this mani, because it seemed like a perfect polish for this theme. And what a gorgeous one it is!



These round glitters that I have are the number one of the four that BPS offers in this type of can. There is really sooo much glitters in the can that it will be certainly enough for me for lifetime I think. It's quite a big of a can! Also, I've been so in love with some of those indie polishes with round glitter in them (like Emily de Molly Forces), so of course I had to have some round glitter to my self, so that I can use it to different manis without having the need to buy all those polishes that have round glitter in them. But I'd say you really get your money's worth as the can costs only $3.89! (And you can get the discount of 10% off from anything with my code MBL91!)




Last but not least, I wanted to also show you the gorgeous holographic polish that I used as my base color for this mani:
I forgot to take a picture before doing the scales, but you can still see the polish here. This is three coats of I Love Nail Polish Blue Steel with base and top coat. It is really a gorgeous blue holographic!


*The round glitters were sent for me to review, for more information see my disclosure policy.
**I got the fish water decals from the goodie bag from our meeting.

0 comments: