Essie Maximillian Strasse Her and Madison Ave-hue with Water Decals

I have already shown you my swatches of Essie's spring collection that I got for review from L'Oreal Finland, but I just keep using the polishes over and over again if I need something quick and easy. The polishes are so easy to apply with the wide brush that Essie polishes have here in Finland, so all the six polishes from the spring collection have been my go to polishes for easy manicures and this was the case with this mani too.

I needed something pink and grey under some feather water decals* that I got for review from Born Pretty Store, so I chose Maximillian Strasse Her* and Madison Ave-hue*. I used two coats of both of Maximillian Strasse Her and Madison Ave-hue and then applied some pink and grey feather water decals over the opposite colors. 

The water decals went really well with the two Essie polishes and I really liked how this mani looked! I usually love all the nail art and stickers and decals that have feather designs, especially those hand painted feather designs, but these decals are also an easy way to achieve that feather look. These decals were also really easy to use and the quality was quite nice as these aren't those decals that are too thin to use. These also allowed you to move them a bit on nail after placing them, so you can get them just where you want them, but they sticked on really well too. I was a bit affraid that these wouldn't be quality ones as I have another decal set that I bought earlier from BPS (some golden ones) and got a bit smudged when I applied top coat over them. But top coat didn't do any harm to these feathers, so I guess they are really better qualitywise.

The only downsite for me is that in the set you only have four of one color of these bigger feathers with this style. Of course there are some smaller ones too that you can certainly use, but these big ones are the ones that I like most. There are also some other feather designs in the set, like peacock feathers, but I haven't had time to use those yet.



Nail Tek Foundation II
Essie Maximillian Strasse Her 2 coats
Essie Madison Ave-hue 2 coats
Water Decals from BPS
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri


 The 11 pieces set of these decals costs $4.73 and don't forget that you can get 10% of with my code MBL91 and Born Pretty Store also has free worldwide shipping. I don't gain anything if you use my code, but BPS has promised that they will sponsor a giveaway here in my blog if ten people use the code.


*Essie Maximillian Strasse Her and Madison Ave-hue and BPS water decals were sent for me to review, for more information see my disclosure policy.

0 comments: