China Glaze Holiday Joy — Angel Wings

Today's late night post is Angel Wings, another from the China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection.

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection color swatch Angel Wings gold green holo holographic glitter
Two Coats with Top Coat

Oh boy, what is there to say about Angel Wings? It's not me. It's a mildly pretty color, but not on me. This collection was picked up by someone else with my wish list. I should have waited until the swatches started coming out because this is something I would not have checked out with.

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection color swatch Angel Wings gold green holo holographic glitter
One Coat

Like all of the ultra-fine glitters of this collection, Angel Wings goes on thin and patchy with one coat but fills in nicely with two.

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection color swatch Angel Wings gold green holo holographic glitter
Two Coats; no top coat

I'm really coming to love the texture of this collection. I'm sure if left without top coat it would catch on everything, but it looks so gorgeous!

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection color swatch Angel Wings gold green holo holographic glitter
Two Coats with Top Coat

And again, as with all the glitters of this collection, it takes two coats of top coat for a smooth finish. I didn't get any really great pictures that showcased the amount of holographic glitter in Angel Wings, but this one gives you a small idea. Imagine this times three. Seriously, there is so much holo packed into this that I am stunned I couldn't get a picture of it. :)

Color: Green gold with lots of holographic
Finish: Ultra-fine glitter
Application: Patchy with one coat but builds up nicely with two. This one didn't need much dabbing and pushing to cover my nails.
Coats to Opaque: 2-3
My Rating (1-5): 3.5

I feel I kind of have to explain my rating on this one. This rating is my own personal rating. I gave it points for the formula and application but I really, really don't like this color. I think it's the worst possible shade of gold China Glaze could have created. Far too green tinted for my tastes.

0 comments: