The Webs We Weave

Hello girlies!! First off, I just want to say thank you guys so much for sticking with me. I don't say it enough but I love all your follows, your views, your comments, and your shares. You keep me going, keep me coming back with better and better nail art. So, thank you; you guys are great!!!

Spider nail art was the challenge for today in the Nail-Aween Challenge. I'm really excited to share these nails with you. I tried something new, and I really like how it turned out.

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound thread black white spider web spiderweb Halloween Nail-Aween Challenge

When I read the challenge for today all I could think of was spiderwebs on my nails with a spider crawling over my hand. I wanted nothing more than to find someone local who owned a tarantula and wouldn't mind me getting some pictures. Sadly, no one I know owns one anymore and I didn't think the local pet shop would be too happy if I wanted to hold their spiders for pictures with no intention of buying. I finally settled on this big guy. He was made with a suction cup on his belly so he could hang in the window but I found a new use for him.

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound thread black white spider web spiderweb Halloween Nail-Aween Challenge

These spiderwebs look even better in person. I used two coats of L.A. Colors black and used white sewing thread to create the webs. It was a little more time consuming than simply drawing them on but not only did I actually enjoy creating these webs I really love how 3D using thread makes them.

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound thread black white spider web spiderweb Halloween Nail-Aween Challenge

Here is a closer look at the thread. Honestly, they aren't the best to look at in macro. A camera catches things your eyes glance right over. I did not actually cut the thread first. I found it easier to control where the thread lay when it was still attached to the spool. I simply ran the tip of the thread through some clear polish and lay it where I wanted. I used my dotting tool and more clear polish to move it into position and attach it to my nail. I cut the end from the spool before I attached the last section. Each line was done separately. As I was doing this, I thought it was oddly like laying tape for a sunbeam mani.

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound thread black white spider web spiderweb Halloween Nail-Aween Challenge

I tried putting a top coat on my pinkie but it caused some slight bleeding into the white thread and also caused a lot of bubbling so I decided not to use top coat on the other nails. After that it was a simple matter of arranging the spider over my nails and snapping some pictures.

What do you think of my thread webs? Will you be trying them before Halloween?

0 comments: