The Best Kind of Potatoes

Last Saturday my mom, my niece and I went to a local festival called PotatoFest. It's one of my favorite fall festivals, second only to the Fall Foliage Festival happening this weekend. The city that holds the festival is the second largest supplier of potatoes in the state so it's kind of a big deal. PotatoFest is, naturally, all about potatoes and the people who grow them. The festival has food, crafts, and live bands that take up a few blocks of the city for just one day every year. My mom goes for the crafts but I go for the potatoes! Sweet potato fries to be specific. Also love the potato candy and the maple syrup booth with some of the most amazing lollipops in existence—maple lollipops!!

I couldn't let this day pass without some equally amazing nail art.

nails nailart nail art mani manicure Spellbound festival Mr Potato Head sweet potato fries food character China Glaze Desert Sun PotatoFest Mrs polish

What else could I possibly do for PotatoFest besides Mr. Potato Head nails? I used China Glaze Desert Sun as my base color. I wanted to give these nails more of a sweet potato coloring than the more brown color of regular potatoes. I added hearts to show my utter love of potatoes, especially sweet potatoes and sweet potato fries.

nails nailart nail art mani manicure Spellbound festival Mr Potato Head sweet potato fries food character China Glaze Desert Sun PotatoFest Mrs polish

This is my rarely seen right hand with Mrs. Potato Head and more hearts. I'm sorry for the poor lighting and the awkward angle of this picture. I was racing against the setting sun and my camera just wasn't made to be used by a left hand.

0 comments: