Day 22: Inspired by a song

Today's task of the challenge was to do a mani that is inspired by a song. I've known for a while what I wanted to do, because this was a perfect task to combine my favourite music and a manicure, that I've been wanting to do for a long time. You see, one of my favourite bands is Coldplay and I quite liked the song and the video Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall, so I did a mani that is mainly representing the colorful aspect of the video as my song inspired mani. And here it is:


I did this splatter mani using China Glaze Pelican Grey as my base color and then I splattered China Glaze Sneaker Head, Wild and Crazy Twilight, Wet n Wild Sunny Side Up and Golden Rose #162. And of course I took inspiration from the tutorial of the splatter mani queen Jen at The PolishAholic. I had to two this mani twice even though I had this great tutorial, just because the first time I used too much color and I didn't like the finished look. The second time I reduced the amount of polishes and then I quite enjoyed this look and it was also quite fast to do (if you don't count my first try).

Here's the video of Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall if you are interested and haven't seen it yet (which is probably impossible):

0 comments: